A Colorado man sickened by inhaling the artificial butter smell of the microwave popcorn he regularly ate has won a 7.2 million dollar verdict against Cincinnati-based Kroger and various food companies. Wayne Watson sued after he developed respiratory problems in 2007. He says the companies failed to warn consumers inhaling the smell could put them at risk of lung injury.
Enrollment at 17 Ohio colleges and universities that began using a semester schedule this fall has dropped by nearly 13,500 students, which could be a financial hit for schools relying on revenue from tuition.
Cincinnati police have revised their policy on stun guns in an effort to reduce the potential risk of serious injury or death. Police say the new guidelines recommend that officers aim at a suspect's back when deploying the barbs from a stun gun.