Most Active Stories
- Legislators To Consider Criminal Sentencing Reform
- Bill Toughens Penalties For Violent Attacks Against Children
- Auditor Says It’s Too Easy For “Economic Interests” To Try To Change Constitution
- Study Shows Racial Disparity In Suicide Rates of School Kids
- Bill Addresses Officer Training Hours Cap, Education Requirement But Avoids Continuing Education
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.