Most Active Stories
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Local Chess Coach Charged With Abusing Young Girl
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.