Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Mike Foley joined WCBE in February 2000, coming from WUFT in Gainesville, Florida. He earned two degrees from the University of Florida, one in Broadcasting and the other in Print Journalism. Growing up and spending the better part of his life in the Sunshine State, Mike continues to adjust to Ohio’s winters. Repeated attempts to structure a contract that would allow him to stay home on days when the temperature falls below 60 have failed. He sometimes becomes grumpy in cold weather, while fellow news colleague Alison remains rather cheerful. But Foley finds strength in the lyrics of Eddie Vedder - “no matter how cold the winter, there’s a springtime ahead.”
Mike loves to golf and listen to music, but his greatest joy comes in spending time with his wife, son, two daughters and their dog. Of course he follows the Gators. His wife - a proud Buckeye grad - keeps him in line. Foley also roots for the Denver Broncos - which works out well with his orange and blue wardrobe. He's questioning that loyalty after Denver dealt Tim Tebow. But he still brings up “The Drive” to news guru and Browns backer Jim, who typically responds in disgust. Besides weather and sports, the news team gets along just fine.