Most Active Stories
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
- Body Found Is One Of Missing Southern Ohio Women
Thu May 1, 2014
3 Central Ohio Schools Part Of Federal Sexual Abuse Investigation
Ohio State, Denison and Wittenberg Universities are on the list of 55 schools in the U.S. under investigation for their handling of sexual abuse complaints, according to a federal Education Department report released today.
The list was released today by the Department's Office of Civil Rights, just days after a presidential task force issued a list of recommendation to schools to better deal with the issue of sexual violence and harassment on campus. A department spokesperson says a school's inclusion on the list does not mean that it has violated the law but there is an investigation into complaints. Some of the investigations were launched as a result of direct complaints to the feds, some were triggered by media reports of incidents.