Most Active Stories
- Legislators To Consider Criminal Sentencing Reform
- Bill Toughens Penalties For Violent Attacks Against Children
- Auditor Says It’s Too Easy For “Economic Interests” To Try To Change Constitution
- Study Shows Racial Disparity In Suicide Rates of School Kids
- Bill Addresses Officer Training Hours Cap, Education Requirement But Avoids Continuing Education
Thu May 1, 2014
3 Central Ohio Schools Part Of Federal Sexual Abuse Investigation
Ohio State, Denison and Wittenberg Universities are on the list of 55 schools in the U.S. under investigation for their handling of sexual abuse complaints, according to a federal Education Department report released today.
The list was released today by the Department's Office of Civil Rights, just days after a presidential task force issued a list of recommendation to schools to better deal with the issue of sexual violence and harassment on campus. A department spokesperson says a school's inclusion on the list does not mean that it has violated the law but there is an investigation into complaints. Some of the investigations were launched as a result of direct complaints to the feds, some were triggered by media reports of incidents.