Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu December 19, 2013
39 People Charged In Circleville Drug Ring
Investigators in Circleville and Pickaway County and the Ohio Attorney General's office say 22 people face heroin trafficking charges, and another 17 suspects are charged with trafficking crack cocaine, painkillers or methamphetamine.
Authorities filed the charges Wednesday. They say heroin dealers are filling a gap left by previous crackdowns on illegal prescription drug sales in Circleville. State figures show there are 11 heroin overdose deaths a week.