Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Democrats Call For Elimination Of State's "Pink Tax"
Mon March 4, 2013
Abortion-Rights Group Says Pro-Life Clinics Misleading
An abortion-rights advocacy group says some Ohio crisis pregnancy centers are providing misleading or inaccurate information on abortion risks.
NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio reviewed a random sample of 55 of Ohio's more than 100 centers and found almost half told women that abortion can lead to mental health issues. About four in 10 tied abortion to breast cancer or infertility. A woman in one center's video said having an abortion turned her into a drug-addicted prostitute. NARAL said the state should require centers to provide medically accurate information. The Miami Valley Women's Center's executive director said legitimate studies have tied abortion to breast cancer risk and mental health is sometimes affected. She says that information is provided alongside counseling on adoption and parenting so women can make their best choices.