Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon May 12, 2014
AEP Ohio Customers Get Help With Heating Bills
A utility assistance program has extended the deadline for AEP Ohio customers to apply for financial help to pay this past winter's high heating bills.
The application deadline for the Ohio Neighbor to Neighbor utility assistance program is now May 30. The program resulted from a partnership between AEP Ohio and Dollar Energy Fund. It offers one-time assistance to families facing electric service termination with a grant applied to their AEP Ohio account. The program's network of more than 120 Ohio community based organizations is now taking applications. Total gross household income must be at or below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Households must have made a sincere payment effort on their electric bill the last 90 days and have a balance.