Most Active Stories
- DeWine Rejects Marijuana Legalization Effort Backed By Former Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidate
- WCBE Rewind: Nick D' & the Believers
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
Tue August 14, 2012
Armed Movie-goer Indicted
An Ohio man arrested with a loaded gun, ammunition and knives at a showing of the latest Batman movie has been indicted on three weapons counts.
A Cleveland grand jury returned the indictment Monday against 37-year-old Scott A. Smith, of North Ridgeville, on two concealed weapon counts and one of having a weapon under disability, alleged drug dependency. Bond was set earlier at $250,000. Arraignment was scheduled for Aug. 27. Smith's attorney says his client had the weapons for protection in case someone tried to copy the Colorado theater shooting that left 12 dead. Defense attorney Matthew Bruce says/said Tuesday that Smith would challenge the drug dependency contention and ask for lower bond. Smith was arrested an Aug. 4 showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Westlake.