Most Active Stories
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
- Body Found Is One Of Missing Southern Ohio Women
Wed August 27, 2014
Armengau Sentenced To 13 Years In Prison
A Columbus defense attorney convicted of raping women connected to his legal practice was sentenced Tuesday to 13 years in prison.
52-year-old Javier Armengau was convicted in July of nine sex crimes involving three women. Five women who were clients or relatives of clients accused Armengau of sexually assaulting them. Prior to his sentencing, Armengau made an hour long statement blasting the police and prosecutors in the case, and calling his accusers liars.
Armengau said he would never have remorse because he did nothing wrong. He says he plans to appeal. The Ohio Supreme Court suspended Armengau's law license after he was convicted.