Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Wed August 27, 2014
Armengau Sentenced To 13 Years In Prison
A Columbus defense attorney convicted of raping women connected to his legal practice was sentenced Tuesday to 13 years in prison.
52-year-old Javier Armengau was convicted in July of nine sex crimes involving three women. Five women who were clients or relatives of clients accused Armengau of sexually assaulting them. Prior to his sentencing, Armengau made an hour long statement blasting the police and prosecutors in the case, and calling his accusers liars.
Armengau said he would never have remorse because he did nothing wrong. He says he plans to appeal. The Ohio Supreme Court suspended Armengau's law license after he was convicted.