Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue June 10, 2014
Audit Details Appointment Times For VA Patients In Ohio
A federal audit shows five Veterans Affairs medical facilities in Ohio scheduled most of their patients for appointments within 30 days, and two have been flagged for further review.
The VA says more than 57 thousand patients nationwide have been waiting three months or more. The audit shows medical centers in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chillicothe and Dayton saw all but 2 percent of their patients within 30 days. The Cincinnati and Cleveland facilities are on a list for further review. The VA facility in Columbus scheduled 94 percent of more than 36 thousand appointments within a month. It had more than 17 hundred patients waiting between 31 and 60 days.