Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon July 7, 2014
Authorities: Motorcycle Rider Killed In Ohio Crash
Authorities say a passenger on a motorcycle was killed in a crash involving a pickup truck in central Ohio.
Franklin County Sheriff Zach Scott says the truck driver failed to yield at a U.S. 40 intersection in Prairie Township west of Columbus shortly after noon Saturday, causing the motorcycle to lose control. Scott says 38-year-old Lena Clark, of Galloway, was pronounced dead at a hospital. Authorities didn't release the name or condition of the motorcycle driver. Scott says the truck driver fled. But the sheriff says deputies later arrested 58-year-old Rex Hamilton, of Galloway, on hit-skip and tampering with evidence charges. Scott says Hamilton told deputies he didn't see the motorcycle at the stop sign. It wasn't immediately known whether Hamilton had an attorney. Scott says the investigation is continuing.