Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- 16 Mumps Cases Confirmed At Ohio State; Number Could Climb
Tue July 30, 2013
Ballman Family Files Lawsuit Over Her Death
The family of a Pataskala woman who authorities say was raped and killed by a former New Albany doctor in July of last year has filed a 40 million dollar lawsuit against the physician, the hospital where he worked and Craigslist.
The family of Deanna Ballman blames Ali Salim for fatally injecting her with heroin after she answered an ad he placed on line for cleaning services. The lawsuit alleges Salim used syringes he took from Knox Community Hospital, and says Craiglist should have known Salim was dangerous because other women who previously answered his ads had reported problems. The defendants have yet to comment. Salim has pleaded not guilty to his criminal charges.