Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue July 30, 2013
Ballman Family Files Lawsuit Over Her Death
The family of a Pataskala woman who authorities say was raped and killed by a former New Albany doctor in July of last year has filed a 40 million dollar lawsuit against the physician, the hospital where he worked and Craigslist.
The family of Deanna Ballman blames Ali Salim for fatally injecting her with heroin after she answered an ad he placed on line for cleaning services. The lawsuit alleges Salim used syringes he took from Knox Community Hospital, and says Craiglist should have known Salim was dangerous because other women who previously answered his ads had reported problems. The defendants have yet to comment. Salim has pleaded not guilty to his criminal charges.