News
7:14 am
Thu March 7, 2013

Beasley Takes Stand In His Own Defense

The alleged triggerman in the killings of three men lured to their deaths in Eastern Ohio by bogus on-line job offers told a jury Wednesday he is not guilty.

53-year-old Richard Beasley denied involvement in the 2011 attacks and said the lone survivor was sent to kill him in retaliation for being a police snitch in a motorcycle gang investigation. During cross-examination, Beasley and prosecutor John Baumoel  had a heated exchange over the death of victim Ralph Geiger.


His testimony came after the prosecution rested its case without calling 18-year-old co-defendant Brogan Rafferty to testify. Rafferty was convicted last year and sentenced to life in prison.