Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu March 7, 2013
Beasley Takes Stand In His Own Defense
The alleged triggerman in the killings of three men lured to their deaths in Eastern Ohio by bogus on-line job offers told a jury Wednesday he is not guilty.
53-year-old Richard Beasley denied involvement in the 2011 attacks and said the lone survivor was sent to kill him in retaliation for being a police snitch in a motorcycle gang investigation. During cross-examination, Beasley and prosecutor John Baumoel had a heated exchange over the death of victim Ralph Geiger.
His testimony came after the prosecution rested its case without calling 18-year-old co-defendant Brogan Rafferty to testify. Rafferty was convicted last year and sentenced to life in prison.