News
8:05 am
Tue February 26, 2013

Beasley Trial Resumes Today

Testimony resumes today in the trial of the alleged mastermind of the slayings of three men lured to Eastern Ohio with bogus on-line job ads.

Opening arguments began yesterday in the trial of 53-year-old Richard Beasley, who has pleaded not guilty. Prosecutor Emily Pelphrey says Beasley gave authorities a written confession.


  


Defense attorney Jim Burdon says prosecutors lack the evidence necessary for a conviction.


 


  Beasley's teenage co-defendant was found guilty last year and sentenced to life in prison.