Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri August 3, 2012
Best Guess: 100,000 Jobs Added In July; Unemployment Stayed At 8.2 Percent
Originally published on Fri August 3, 2012 8:52 am
Update at 8:45 a.m. ET. Report Has Better Than Expected News:
Our original post:
-- Just 100,000 jobs were added to payrolls last month. That would be better than the initial estimate of an 80,000 gain in June, but well below the pace of earlier this year and not enough to bring down unemployment.
-- Which is why they're saying the jobless rate probably remained at 8.2 percent. It's been above 8 percent since February 2009.
We'll be posting about the news from the report once it's released. Check back with us just after 8:30 a.m. ET.
-- "Five Issues To Watch For In Jobs Report." (The Wall Street Journal's Real Time Econmics blog)
-- "Beware The Jobs Report Of July." (The New York Times' Economix blog)
-- "Stocks Rebound As Focus Turns To U.S. Jobs." (The Financial Times)
-- "U.S. Jobs Seen Weak In July, May Help Push Federal Reserve To Act." (The Economic Times)
-- "Keeping The Biggest Secret In The U.S. Economy." (Planet Money)