Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
All Songs Considered
Fri November 2, 2012
The Best Of Moogfest 2012
Originally published on Thu November 1, 2012 4:01 pm
If it weren't for Robert Moog, a lot of the music you enjoy today might not have been possible. As the inventor of the Moog synthesizer, he gave rise to not only the technology needed for modern electronic music, but also the creative spirit that inspired countless musicians to take his vision and play with it, mold it and reshape it into mind-blowing works of art.
This past weekend, a remarkably gifted group of electronic and experimental rock artists gathered in Asheville, N.C., for the annual Moogfest. All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen and NPR electronic and dance-music contributor Sami Yenigun were there and, on this week's show, discuss some of their favorite sets, including a special performance from electronic-music pioneer Morton Subotnick, Andy Stott, DJ legends Carl Craig and Richie Hawtin, along with Ana Sia, Squarepusher, Exitmusic and more.
Hear full sets from some of the performers at Moogfest 2012.