Most Active Stories
- Portman Weighs In On Surge Of Unaccompanied Central American Minors Crossing U.S. border
- Suspect In Hocking County Murder Shoots Self
- Farmer In Kasich Radio Ad Not Just A Farmer
- Chillicothe Teen's Challenge To Body Image Attracts International Attention
- Officials Release New Numbers In Measles, Mumps Outbreaks
Thu December 12, 2013
Boehner, Tea Party Groups Spar Over Federal Budget
Tea Party groups in southwest Ohio will hold a forum tonight to announce the four people seeking to challenge Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner in next year's primary election.
Tea Party supporters are targeting the West Chester Republican for what they call differences on fiscal policies. Bohener meanwhile is criticizing the Tea Party and other conservative groups who oppose the bi-partisan federal budget deal reached earlier this week.
Boehner say the deal would end the risk of a second federal government shutdown. Boehner says conservative groups and anyone else who favors more budget deficit reduction should support the agreement.