Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
Thu December 12, 2013
Boehner, Tea Party Groups Spar Over Federal Budget
Tea Party groups in southwest Ohio will hold a forum tonight to announce the four people seeking to challenge Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner in next year's primary election.
Tea Party supporters are targeting the West Chester Republican for what they call differences on fiscal policies. Bohener meanwhile is criticizing the Tea Party and other conservative groups who oppose the bi-partisan federal budget deal reached earlier this week.
Boehner say the deal would end the risk of a second federal government shutdown. Boehner says conservative groups and anyone else who favors more budget deficit reduction should support the agreement.