Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu December 12, 2013
Boehner, Tea Party Groups Spar Over Federal Budget
Tea Party groups in southwest Ohio will hold a forum tonight to announce the four people seeking to challenge Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner in next year's primary election.
Tea Party supporters are targeting the West Chester Republican for what they call differences on fiscal policies. Bohener meanwhile is criticizing the Tea Party and other conservative groups who oppose the bi-partisan federal budget deal reached earlier this week.
Boehner say the deal would end the risk of a second federal government shutdown. Boehner says conservative groups and anyone else who favors more budget deficit reduction should support the agreement.