Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Thu December 12, 2013
Boehner, Tea Party Groups Spar Over Federal Budget
Tea Party groups in southwest Ohio will hold a forum tonight to announce the four people seeking to challenge Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner in next year's primary election.
Tea Party supporters are targeting the West Chester Republican for what they call differences on fiscal policies. Bohener meanwhile is criticizing the Tea Party and other conservative groups who oppose the bi-partisan federal budget deal reached earlier this week.
Boehner say the deal would end the risk of a second federal government shutdown. Boehner says conservative groups and anyone else who favors more budget deficit reduction should support the agreement.