Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
Tue December 31, 2013
Bond Continued For Father Charged With Running Over Son
The attorney for a Columbus resident says his client should not be prosecuted for leaving the scene of last week's accident that killed his 4-year-old son after the boy fell out of his van and was run over.
A Union County judge yesterday continued the 500 thousand dollar bond for 30-year-old Natividad de Jesus Hernandez, who is accused of leaving the scene without talking to authorities after the accident. Attorney Scott Culbert asked for a lower bond. He says a sheriff's deputy who responded to the accident rode with Angel Gustbabo Hernandez in an ambulance, and de Jesus Hernandez was left alone on the roadside. Culbert says dash cam video shows his client did not leave the scene.
The State Highway Patrol says de Jesus Hernandez, who is from El Salvador, is in the U.S. illegally and was stealing from a construction site. Culbert denies the theft allegation.
de Jesus Hernandez is due back in court on January 6th.