Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue October 22, 2013
Bond Set For Suspected Serial Killer
A Cleveland man has pleaded not guilty to nearly 300 counts including aggravated murder and rape charges that date back to the mid-1990s.
49-year-old Elias Acevedo is being held on 5 million dollars bond in the 1994 death of his 30-year-old neighbor Pamela Pemberton and the 1995 death of 18-year-old Christina Adkins. Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Blaze Thomas is not releasing a motive, but says there may be more victims.
Thomas says authorities last week identified human remains found in Cleveland as those of Adkins.