Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon January 13, 2014
Brunner To Observe Egypt Vote
Former Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner has headed to Cairo to serve as an international observer in Egypt's constitutional referendum.
The Columbus Democrat will be present for the Jan. 14-15 vote on an amended charter as part of a team from Democracy International. The organization is active in more than 60 countries on democracy and governance issues and to assist on rule-of-law questions, Brunner is a former judge and founding partner and principal in the Brunner Quinn law firm based in Columbus. She oversaw Ohio elections as secretary of state from 2007 to 2011. This is not her first foray into international election issues. Since re-entering private practice, she has made multiple trips to Serbia to provide technical assistance on judicial reform and anti-corruption in elections.