Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri August 1, 2014
Buckeye Football Player Enters Plea Following July Bar Fight
Former Ohio State University football player Tracy Sprinkle has pleaded no contest to attempted failure to comply after being originally charged with felony cocaine possession.
The 19-year-old Sprinkle has been fined 500 dollars, given a 30-day suspended jail sentence and two years' probation. Sprinkle was charged after a brawl outside a bar in Lorain on July 4th. Police say officers found cocaine in the back of the cruiser that took Sprinkle to jail. Head coach Urban Meyer suspended Sprinkle pending the outcome of the case.