Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed January 8, 2014
Busted Pipe Floods Multiple Floors At Police HQ
Columbus police were scrambling early this morning to maintain business as usual after a sprinkler pipe burst and flooded part of the department's downtown headquarters.
The pipe burst on the 8th floor causing what officials are calling substantial damage to multiple floors. Officials say the office of Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs sustained heavy water damage and had about an inch of standing water. The entire building is closed to the public as police assess the damage and clean up. But officials say the public will not see any change to patrol response because of the closure. It's the second public water issue in Columbus this week due to the extreme cold. Weather hampered efforts to repair a water main break Monday that flooded some downtown streets.