Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Wed August 14, 2013
California Man Arraigned On Human Trafficking Charges
A routine traffic stop in northern Ohio has led to charges of human trafficking against a California man.
State troopers say they smelled raw marijuana coming from a 2012 Nissan pulled over for speeding in Lucas County. A search turned up the pot and a loaded handgun. One of the two female passengers told a trooper that they were being forced into prostitution, and 21-year odl James D. Jackson of Sacramento was taken into custody. A lieutenant with the patrol says the suspect advertised the women on the Internet and delivered them to sites around the country. Both of the women are in their 20s. The patrol says one is from Vallejo, California., while the other is from Mesa, Arizona. Jackson was arraigned Wednesday on charges of human trafficking, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of criminal tools.