Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu March 14, 2013
Campaign Aims To Fill Insurance Industry Jobs
More than 250 Ohio insurance companies and the state are launching a campaign to encourage students and others to work in the industry.
A study by Columbus State Community College shows 17-thousand insurance industry jobs will become available through 2018 because of attrition. The industry will need to hire salespeople, IT specialists, actuaries, and people for other positions. State Insurance Director and Lieutenant Governor Mary Taylor and other backers of the Insuring Ohio Futures campaign say events will be held across the state in the next two months, and a website has been created to help job-seekers find positions.