Most Active Stories
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Local Chess Coach Charged With Abusing Young Girl
Tue August 6, 2013
Castro Home To Be Demolished
The Cleveland home where three women were imprisoned for roughly a decade will be torn down on Wednesday.
The electricity was turned off at 53-year-old Ariel Castro's Seymour Avenue home Monday after family and friends removed personal items, including photographs and musical instruments. Castro's son Anthony says he supports the demolition.
The Cuyahoga County Land Bank acquired the property last week and says a contractor will demolish the home at no cost. Plans for the site have yet to be made public. Castro was sentenced last week to life in prison plus 1 thousand years.