Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri July 26, 2013
Castro Pleads Guilty In Plea Bargain
A Cuayhoga County judge says the Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors.
Judge Michael Russo held a hearing this morning to get an update on the status of negotiations between prosecutors and attorneys for 53-year-old Ariel Castro. Russo told Castro the death penalty has been taken off the table in exchange for a guilty plea and a sentence of life in prison without parole.
Castro had been scheduled for trial August 5th on a nearly one thousand count indictment. Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus escaped Castro's house in May.