Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue March 11, 2014
CBJ/Dallas Game Postponed After Player's "Cardiac Event"
Last night's game between host Dallas and the Columbus Blue Jackets was postponed in the first period after Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench following a "cardiac event". Play was halted 6:23 into the game and Peverley was taken to a hospital. Doctor Gil Salazar worked on him.
Peverley missed the start of the season because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat that was diagnosed during a physical exam given during training camp.The game has yet to be rescheduled.