Most Active Stories
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Possible Anti-Monopoly Ballot Issue Could Trump Pot Vote
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
- Body Found Is One Of Missing Southern Ohio Women
Tue July 8, 2014
CCS 3rd-Graders Re-Take Reading Test; District Tries To Round Up More
641 Columbus City Schools third-graders got another crack at the reading portion of the state assessment test today.
Under the state's Third Grade Reading guarantee, students must pass the test in order to graduate to the dfourth grade. By the end of the school year over 900 of the districts third graders had not passed, and school officials launched an all out blitz, going door-to-door to get kids signed up for summer school and a retake of the test. But there are still 315 students who face being held back. District spokesperson Jeff Warner says there are two more chances; the district will be administering an alternate test online on July 19th and August 9th. Parents need to call the district's Office of Testing and Assessment to register.