Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Thu February 6, 2014
CCS Announces Finalists For Perkins' School Board Seat
The Columbus Board of Education has narrowed the list of finalists to fill the seat vacated by former president Carol Perkins , who abruptly stepped down last month.
Six finalists have been chosen from a list of 28 applicants. They will be interviewed individually during closed-door sessions this weekend. The candidates are:
-- former State Representative Marian Harris,
-- former Columbus city council member and former state insurance director Mary Jo Hudson
-- Brian Kindinger, a transportation engineer
-- Jennifer Adair, a deputy general counsel in the state Attorney General's office
-- Ohio Supreme Court liason Jo Ellen Cline,
--Peggy Sorensen, a management analyst for the Ohio Department of Education.
The candidate who will be selected to serve the remainder of Perkins' term will be announced next week.