Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri November 1, 2013
Children Services To Review Group Home Placements
Franklin County Children Services says it will review all of its group home placements after a 16-year-old group home resident was charged with fatally stabbing a jogger in a Blendon Township park on October 20th.
The review will include visits with each foster child and a study of supervision levels and qualifications of staff. Agency director Chip Spinning says the review will include a look at children "with any fixation on violence or weapons." 16-year-old Jordan Stewart is charged with a delinquency count of murder in the death of 55-year-old Jane Juergens at Ridgewood Park.