Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fri November 1, 2013
Children Services To Review Group Home Placements
Franklin County Children Services says it will review all of its group home placements after a 16-year-old group home resident was charged with fatally stabbing a jogger in a Blendon Township park on October 20th.
The review will include visits with each foster child and a study of supervision levels and qualifications of staff. Agency director Chip Spinning says the review will include a look at children "with any fixation on violence or weapons." 16-year-old Jordan Stewart is charged with a delinquency count of murder in the death of 55-year-old Jane Juergens at Ridgewood Park.