Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu February 27, 2014
Children Services Review Of Violent Group Home Resident Completed
A Franklin County Children Services report says child welfare workers should have known more about the violent background of a group home resident charged in the October slaying of a jogger in Blendon Township.
The agency says it needs to better assess youths who end up in group homes. Of the 125 cases studied for the report, 15 percent of the group-home teens had violent, aggressive or self-harming behavior. The agency also plans a review of all its group-home placements. 16-year-old Jordan Stewart is charged with stabbing and killing 55-year-old Jane Juergens at Ridgewood Park.