Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed August 1, 2012
City Awards Construction Contract For Health Center
The City of Columbus has awarded a 7.5 million dollar contract to Daimler Group Incorporated to build the new John Maloney Health Center on the South Side. The award comes despite irregularities in Daimler's bid. Jeremy Johnson is with Robinson Construction, another company that entered a bid 10-thousand dollars more than the one submitted by Daimler. He says Daimler's bid was left blank in some areas, and it does not cover all of the construction costs. A judge last week rejected Robinson Construction's request for a temporary restraining order blocking the contract. Columbus Finance Director Paul Rakosky asked City Council Monday to waive the city's competitive bidding requirements. The Health Center will be built on property located in the 19-Hundred block of Parsons Avenue.