Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue November 19, 2013
City Clears Way For Planned Downtown Developments
Columbus City Council last night approved a resolution allowing for the demolition of the Trautman building on South High Street across from the Columbus Commons park.
A developer plans to build a complex with market-rate apartments and retail space at the site. Council also approved giving the developer 1 million dollars in state grant money for environmental clean-up of the site. And Council approved a resolution allowing Capital South Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation to sell a vacant lot next to the Trautman site to allow construction of a luxury apartment and retail complex. Columbus Development Director Steve Schoeny.
Schoeny says the development at the Trautman Building site is expected to open in 2015.