Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Tue November 19, 2013
City Clears Way For Planned Downtown Developments
Columbus City Council last night approved a resolution allowing for the demolition of the Trautman building on South High Street across from the Columbus Commons park.
A developer plans to build a complex with market-rate apartments and retail space at the site. Council also approved giving the developer 1 million dollars in state grant money for environmental clean-up of the site. And Council approved a resolution allowing Capital South Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation to sell a vacant lot next to the Trautman site to allow construction of a luxury apartment and retail complex. Columbus Development Director Steve Schoeny.
Schoeny says the development at the Trautman Building site is expected to open in 2015.