Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon September 30, 2013
City To Link Key Sections Of Bike Trail
The city of Columbus plans to connect the popular Olentangy Trail with Grandview Heights and Harrison West.
Columbus Recreation and Parks Director Alan McKnight says the city is paying a local construction firm 5.5 million dollars to perform the work.
AM: What this will do is this will connect the bikeway that has recently been completed on the east side of the Olentangy River; it will parallel Goodale Boulevard to the west. It will include a bridge that will span both 315 and the Olentangy river and will connect the bike trail to the Grandview area, Brewers Yard area. And then also it will have a connection down to the Olentangy River trail on the west side of that area.
McKnight says the work is scheduled to begin this fall.