Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Around the Nation
Tue September 25, 2012
Clinton Aide, Reporter In Profane E-Mail Exchange
Originally published on Tue September 25, 2012 12:00 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. A State Department spokesman had an angry email exchange with a reporter, and Philippe Reines wrote: Feel free to use every word. So the reporter did, publishing their whole profane exchange, like this high-toned dialogue:
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
I'm misreading you as needlessly antagonistic.
INSKEEP: No, you read my email correctly. I found your statement offensive.
GREENE: Why ask questions you've already decided you know the answers to?
INSKEEP: Why don't you give answers that aren't bogus?
GREENE: Have a good day.
INSKEEP: And they added some other words we cannot repeat. You're on MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.