Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon December 24, 2012
Coleman Year In Review - Part 1
Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman calls 2012 an acknowledgment of the past and a launching pad for the future.
Coleman touts several successes in the city's bicentennial year, including reductions in the rates of crime and unemployment, the launching of free curbside recycling, and efforts to revitalize the South and Near West sides. He predicts the jobless rate, which is lower than at the start of the great recession, will further decline next year. And in the first installment of his annual end of the year interview with WCBE, Coleman tells Jim Letizia an improved economy has helped keep the city's fiscal picture strong.