Most Active Stories
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- More Ohio Children In Poverty Than During Great Recession
- Athens County Woman Again Applies For Same-Sex Divorce
- Pennsylvania Firm Getting Ohio Tax Dollars To Replace Buckeye Lake Dam
Thu October 31, 2013
Columbus Holding Beggars Night Tonight As Scheduled
Many central and western Ohio communities have delayed tonight's beggars night festivities until the weekend due to the weather.
But Columbus city officials said today Beggars Night will start at 5:30 this evening. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says when parents allow their children to go trick-or-treating, they should be on alert if they know a registered sex offender lives in their neighborhood.
That's one of many reasons why Cleveland Clinic physician Ellen Rome recommends parents go with their kids.
The website for the AG's office has a searchable database that includes all 18 thousand-plus registered sex offenders in the state. Retail analyst Tray Bodge says nearly 160 million people are buying or renting costumes and stocking up on treats this year.
To cut costs, Bodge recommends using online coupons for last-minute Halloween shopping, comparing prices at different retailers online and making a costume.