Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Tue November 19, 2013
Columbus Recieves Perfect Score On LGBT-Friendly Index
Columbus is among a handful of cities nationwide with a perfect rating for creating a LGBT-friendly environment.
In a report released today by Human Rights Campaign, Columbus is the only Ohio city - and one of only 25 nationwide - to score 100 percent on the Muncipality Equality Index, which rates how cities treat their lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender citizens. The index evaluated nearly 300 cities on 47 different criteria, including non-discrimination laws, employment policies, relationship recognition, and inclusiveness of services. HRC says Columbus showed significant improvement over last year, when it rated only 83 percent on the Index. Other Ohio cities that scored high on the index include Cincinnati, at 90 percent, and Cleveland, at 83.