Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Thu February 20, 2014
Cookie Maker Gets State, Local Tax Breaks
The flower-selling company that owns Cheryl’s Cookies is expanding its facility in Westerville.
JobsOhio chief John Minor says the 4.8 million dollar expansion will increase the company’s payroll.
Minor is not saying what state tax breaks were offered to keep the cookie maker in central Ohio. The city of Westerville also offered tax breaks to the company. Last December, the parent company reported a quarterly profit of 266 million dollars.