Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu May 2, 2013
Cops Seize CCS Records
Columbus Police officers this morning seized records wanted by the state auditor as part of his probe of the Columbus City Schools' attendance data tampering scandal, and his probe of alleged grade changing at Linden-McKinley High School.
Officers seized records from Linden-McKinley, as well as Marion-Franklin, Walnut Ridge, Beechcroft, Whetstone, Independence, Centennial and Northland High Schools. Auditor David Yost says the district falsified students' records to improve rankings on state report cards. He says district officials falsely withdrew students they knew were enrolled so their scores on state tests would not count. The FBI is also investigating the alleged data rigging, and criminal charges against district officials are possible. In a statement, the district says only that search warrants were served and officials are cooperating.