Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu September 12, 2013
Cordle Enters Not Guilty Plea
The Powell man who confessed in an online video to causing a fatal wrong-way crash on I-670 in June after a night of heavy drinking will plead guilty in the case next week.
Matthew Cordle entered a preliminary plea of not guilty yesterday in a procedural move allowing a judge to be appointed to accept a guilty plea. Cordle attempted to enter the plea on Tuesday, but a judge delayed the move. Cordle's attorneys say he will plead guilty next week to aggravated vehicular homicide to make good on his pledge to accept responsibility for the crash. In the video posted last week, Cordle admits he killed 61-year-old Vincent Canzani and says he "made a mistake" when he decided to drive.