Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed October 23, 2013
Cordle To Spend More Than Six Years In Jail
A Franklin County judge has sentenced a Powell man to 6 1/2 years in prison for causing a fatal crash after a night of heavy drinking.
Franklin County Judge David Fais sentenced 22-year-old Matthew Cordle today to six years for aggravated vehicular homicide and six months for driving under the influence of alcohol. He also revoked his driving privileges for life as required by state law. Cordle admitted to the crimes in a video posted on line, and he spoke at this morning's sentencing.
Cordle had faced up to 8 1/2 years for killing Vincent Canzani in a June 22 crash on I-670 downtown. He had been on his way home after a night of drinking at bars near downtown Columbus. Cordle confessed to the crime and promised to plead guilty in an online video September 3.