Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue October 8, 2013
Council Settles Third Police Misconduct Case This Month
Columbus City Council last night approved a third settlement over police misconduct in the last two weeks.
Council approved a 30 thousand dollar settlement of a lawsuit filed by Julian Clarke, who claimed he was assaulted by police while being arrested on suspicion of burglary in February of last year. City Attorney Rick Pfeiffer says he decided to settle rather than risk paying more if a court sided with Clarke.
And Columbus' community gardens will soon become part of Franklin Park. City Council later this month is expected to approve a lease of the gardens to the city-funded Franklin Park Conservatory for one dollar. The conservatory wants to boost its revenue by hosting alcohol-friendly events, including weddings and cooking classes. The city recently set aside 4 million dollars to help renovate the conservatory.