Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Thu October 18, 2012
County Residents Charged With Illegal Voting
Three Franklin County Residents have been charged with voting or attempting to vote twice.
County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien says Debbie Tingler is charged with illegally voting in the 2008 election. He says Dominique Atkins and Marion Wilson face similar felony charges in connection with the 2010 election. Each face up to 18 months in prison if convicted. O'Brien says the cases were discovered during a review of voter rolls by the county board of elections. And he says they are free to cast ballots this November.
O'Brien – Felons incarcerated in a prison have a disability but once they are released and complete parole or other requirements for post conviction release, they are eligible to vote. So someone who is charged is presumed innocent and they are free to vote, hopefully only once however.