Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu August 8, 2013
Court Overturns Former Trooper's Convictions
An Ohio Appeals Court has overturned the convictions of former State Highway Patrol trooper Sean Carpenter, who failed to arrest a drunken man who died after being struck by a vehicle along Routes 36 and 37 in Delaware County last year.
The court says Carpenter did not act negligently when he left 22-year-old Uriel Popoca with two Delaware County Sheriff's deputies. Derek Beggs and Christopher Hughes left Popoca at a restaurant. Hughes pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of failing to aid a law-enforcement officer. Beggs was convicted of dereliction of duty.