Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri June 27, 2014
Covington Mayor Says Tolls For New Brent Spence Necessary
The Mayor of Covington, Kentucky says charging tolls is the only way to fund a new Brent Spence Bridge over the Ohio River in the Cincinnati area.
Sherry Carran told Kentucky lawmakers yesterday she doesn't like tolls, but they're necessary. Kentucky lawmakers have tried to block tolls as a financing mechanism. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell told local businesses last week he'd like to see federal dollars spent on the project. Ohio lawmakers recently approved a plan for tolls to fund a new bridge.