Most Active Stories
- Anti-Fracking Measure Will Not Make Columbus' November Ballot
- Proposed Bill To Give Firefighters Special Cancer Prevention, Treatment
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- WCBE Presents Radio Birds Live From Studio A Thurs. July 23, 2015 @ 2PM!
Wed August 15, 2012
Crew To Honor Kirk Urso At Tonight's Game
The Columbus Crew takes the field tonight for the first time since the death of Kirk Urso, as the team hosts the defending MLS champion L.A. Galaxy.
Urso died August 5, and the team plans to honor him with a video tribute and a moment of silence at this evening's match at Crew Stadium. Mid-fielder Chris Birchall tells Crew.com "the games come fast after we've said farewell to him and this is one of the games he would have liked us to play well in and all we can do is go out and play the best we can, try and get the three points and send him off well." Crew players will also wear black armbands with Urso's number 15 along with a 15 patch on their jerseys for the rest of the season. Tonight's match marks the first of three games in a one-week span for the Crew. Columbus takes on the Dynamo Sunday in Houston and hosts Toronto next Wednesday.