Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu December 1, 2011
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri December 2, 2011 4:41 pm
The Detroit dream-pop duo Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. released its Horse Power EP in July 2010, and followed it with a set of remixes, including one of Junip's "In Every Direction." Easily capturing the sunny warmth of surf pop, the EP takes traditional pop structures and fills them with lush melodies that melt together with upbeat guitar maneuvers and dashes of electronic soundplay. So, while that record reached the Top 10 most downloaded albums on the dance chart, the band's style leans more toward the works of Brian Wilson, The Flaming Lips and The Beatles. In fact, the two musicians in DEJJ make no attempt to hide their influences when they break out a gorgeous, updated version of The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows."
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. brings its eclectic blend of folk and electronica to this session of World Cafe, on which it showcases a few songs from its new album, It's a Corporate World.