Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon November 11, 2013
Death Row Inmate Wants To Donate Organs After Execution
A death row inmate scheduled for execution in three days has asked that his organs be donated to help his mother and sister.
Lawyers for Ronald Phillips say that Phillips would also be willing to donate the organs to other individuals. The letter obtained Monday by The Associated Press says Philips wants as many people as possible to benefit from his death. The 40-year-old Phillips faces execution Thursday by a never-tried two-drug combination of a sedative and painkiller. He was sentenced to die for raping and killing his girlfriend's daughter, 3-year-old Sheila Marie Evans, in Akron in 1993.